"Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joy and dividing our grief." - Addison

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 9 of the 365 Day Challenge.... Big Girl You are Beautiful!!

I saw this girl tonight at Sammy's Karaoke. I also saw her last week as well. Turns out Chazzkah is a regular when it comes to Karaoke at Sammy's. And I believe that she has every reason to be. It isn't necessarily her voice that brings the crowd, it is the fact that she mentioned to me in a frantic panic type of excitement, "I even have an outfit change for the 3rd song!" Her enthusiasm for Karaoke is unmatched with any that I have ever seen. I guess that isn't saying too much given that I am not a Karaoke expertise, however, her ability to entertain was fantastic.

When I first saw her last week, well actually, it began when I first heard her singing last week. I was in one room of Sammy's and she began to sing "Big girls (you are beautiful)" by MIKA. I really enjoy that song and I don't feel that too many people know that song and are aware of the amazing lyrics and so it took me by surprise to even hear it being sung by someone. Anywho, I heard her singing it and to my surprise she blew it out of the water!!! She did such a great job not only singing it, but belting it and rocking as a woman should!! She was not ashamed but embraced all that she was and all that this song was. My natural instinct was to be proud of her for respecting herself and demanding respect from every person in that room. Immediately I fell in love with her. So when I saw her tonight, I knew that I needed to post a video of her singing. Remember, it isn't necessarily the voice. It's the ambiance!!! It's her sassy attitude, it's her make-up, costume, and style that just brings it!


* Disclaimer: This video doesn't even cut it. She was so much better than this video can portray! Sorry it doesn't do her justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment