"Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joy and dividing our grief." - Addison

Saturday, February 26, 2011

New shoes and Roses...

So let us talk for a moment about my new job. I recently got a new job and I am really enjoying it. Well, after 5 days of being there, I was on the phone when one of my male co-workers walked by and set a Rose on my desk... a rose. And smiled at me and walked away. I leaned over to my supervisor (who is a man) and I asked if getting a rose was common occurrence in the office. You know, to get a rose your first week. My supervisor's response was, "I've never gotten one before." haha. Well, needless to say, it wasn't normal, which then meant that I was being hit on at work. The first week. With a rose. On my desk. Thank You. Very Much. Sir.

Here is my Rose. There is my Desk. That is my Lotion. I don't know who's sanitizer that is.


Second on our agenda and most important is the purchase that was made last weekend. Let's start off first by saying that John and I went to Utah last weekend because his dad was having a work meeting there and we wanted to go and say hi. Also, I wanted to meet him for the first time. It was so nice meeting his dad. It was really interesting to see where some of John's character traits come from and to see how he interacted with his dad. His dad is a very good man. I am grateful for that. John is a very good man. And I am even more grateful for that. :)

While we were there in SLC with his dad, we went to Nordstrom Rack. Bless Nordstrom Rack for being cheaper than Nordstrom but still having great clothes and shoes. Oh the SHOES! That's where I want to focus now. THE SHOES. I bought 3 pairs. I tried on like 15 blouses and none of them fit as well as these 3 pairs of shoes. There is something wonderful about having a confidence that your feet don't usually gain weight when the rest of your body does. So you always know that if you have the right size and the right shoe, they will ALWAYS look good. So thank you shoes for being really cute and really, just... perfect for me. :)

Like I said. CUTE. Just imagine a sun dress or skinny jeans.. I know, right?


I also have to do you the favor and introduce you to the brand of Seychelles. I was introduced to them when I sent a picture of the heels (below) to my cousin Heather and asked if they were worth their price. I didn't show her the brand because I didn't know what they were and didn't really care. (I am not really into brand things. I just want it to look good) Anyway, she knew exactly what brand they were because she really likes their make of shoes and the fit/style. I thank her for that because my eyes have been opened to this brand. :)




I guess I am a brand name person after all. ;) (only with Seychelles of course.)

No comments:

Post a Comment