"Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joy and dividing our grief." - Addison

Monday, February 14, 2011

Like a Mad Woman....

I have been crafting like a MAD WOMAN lately. In fact, it has been rather insane. I have been rather insane and if I may admit, I have been addicted to two things lately. Two things that have fulfilled my ever increasing need to be satiated by them. Thing 1: Crafting. Duh. Thing 2: Grey's Anatomy. Let me introduce to you both of these things.

Crafting. What in the world? It is the best thing in the world to me, next to Grey's of course. (Yes, Grey's and I are on a first name basis) I have been crafting for Valentines and for fun. For Valentine's, I sewed together felt hearts to make a sort of Heart Garland. I got the idea from my SIL Whitney. When I saw them hanging from her big window in her front room...well, I wont lie, I almost cried. In their simplicity they brought me so much joy that in that moment, I knew that I had to make them. And so I did. And instead of making one garland, I made 6! I made some for my cousins because I just knew that it would bring them as much happiness as they brought and still bring to me. And they did. And here are pictures because you need to see them to understand the feeling and how cute and perfect they are for valentines. You can thank me later... :)
This is me.. crafting. I am soooo into it. (Also, I got an AH-MAY-ZING sewing machine for christmas, it is Bernina... it makes crafting so much more fun!)
HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You cannot tell me these do not make you happy!! Pah- leeeeeeease!

I know you need a close up. They're prettifull huh?

Its a GARLAND!! I hope you get the same warm fuzzy feeling I get when I see these... :)


Now, on to the Second greatest thing in the world next to crafting. I have discovered the world of Grey's Anatomy. I am not sure there are words to describe how amazing Grey's is. I have watched 2 full seasons in about 2 weeks. I know, its kind of sad. However, I hate to admit how much I am in love with it. I watch an episode and laugh my tush off and then within the same episode, I will cry harder than I did when my very own Grammy died. It is not that I am more emotionally attached to Grey's than my Grammy, it's that Grey's has a way of almost forcing you to care about their characters as though you know them. I am serious. I think about the characters as though I know them and love them as my closest of friends. I think about them when I am getting ready, in the shower, doing my make-up, and driving. I wonder what is going to happen to each of them in their different situations. I was at dinner last night with my cousins and I thought about Grey's 3 times while we were there for a total of 3 hours. I mean, c'mon. I am addicted. But I la la la la LOVE it and I am not afraid to admit it. The best part of it all is that John is into it as much as I am, except for the whole crying part. Bless my boyfriend for loving it with me. I don't feel as guilty when he is just as involved as I am. haha




1 comment:

  1. Love the colors you chose for your garland.

    I think you should name your sewing machine Bernice.

    ReplyDelete