"Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joy and dividing our grief." - Addison

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Beginning of a New Adventure!

I love the smell of clean clothes. I hate the idea of 6 loads of laundry. I am moving to Rexburg, Idaho tomorrow. I know. It is a new adventure and I am definitely looking forward to it. (As a side note: I like to refer to Rexburg as "Rexburger" and I tell you this so that if "Rexburger" slips in this post or future posts, you will know what I am referring to.) Anyway, I am moving to Rexburger and I am moving into an apartment complex that does not provide washer and dryers INSIDE of the apartment. So I went ahead and did myself the favor of washing the majority of my clothing tonight in order to be prepared for sharing a W&D with the entire complex. This is a very new concept to me. In the past, I have always made sure that the apartments and townhouses that I have lived in since I have been at college have been well equipped with at least a W&D. This time, I am out of luck on having the blessed blessing of a W&D so readily available to me. But, at least now you understand why I am doing so much laundry for a single person.

As for my new adventure and moving, I have found that I get serious anxiety about packing up my "-ish" and transporting it to a new/ different place. The anxiety does not come from the packing itself. In fact, packing is very therapeutic to me. It's like organizing. I L.O.V.E. to organize anything and everything. If you called me to come help you organize, I would not think it was weird in the slightest! In fact, I might just come right over and help you! ;) Well, the anxiety comes from seeing how many boxes I actually have and then thinking, "but what in the HECK are in these things!" and then realizing how useless it all is.

On the contrast, I love to get rid of things. I think that might be why I love to organize. For me, getting rid of something that has not been used or is of no use or is stupid is incredibly fulfilling! So unpacking is wonderful because as I pull things out and place them in new areas I realize how stupid some of my things are and I can eliminate! voila! Just like that, I am renewed and cleansed from the useless objects that at times take over my life.

I had an interesting day/ night last night. I went to work for my last shift (like I said in my last post) at 7 a.m. and worked until 3 p.m. and then started another job catering at 5 p.m. until 2:30 a.m.... needless to say, I am exhausted still. And today I have been visiting with wonderful old friends who wanted to say goodbye to me and wish me luck on my new adventure. It was really cool to spend time with them and hear them individually tell me how much they were "really" going to miss me. It got me thinking, hearing them say those kind things made me want to move all the time just to be built up like that. So my advice to everyone, move more if your self confidence is low. It is that simple ;)

On another note, my cousin Jordan called me up today and mention that he was in town from Rexburg. I got super excited and overwhelmed at the same time because as we were chatting I was packing and for a brief moment paused to behold the chaos that surrounded me. I had been doing my laundry, packing boxes, pulling bedding off my bed and trying to "space bag" the life out of it all. After that brief moment passed, Jordan mentioned that the reason he called me was to see if I needed any help with taking some boxes up to Rexburger. I almost cried. It was so perfect that he called at that moment. I really appreciated his timing and his willingness to unselfishly offer his entire back seat to me to place my things for their voyage to Idaho. So thank you Jordan, you were my saving grace tonight!!

My dear dear dear dear DEAR friend Stephanie came over tonight. (Yes, we have the same name) She is just Hysterical. I let it slip (cough, cough) that I had a blog and she was so excited that she asked for a shout out. So here it is Stephanie!!!! ;)

So I am off to bed! Soon enough, the next time I will write you will be when I am on the soil of Rexburger... possibly eating a "Rexburger" at the new Sammy's Cafe there. Or not.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! And love you! Drive safely and call me every chance you get!!!! Love the blog :)

    ReplyDelete